We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced palliative care nurse to work in our Palliative Care Referral & Needs Assessment Team (PaCNAT) at 32 hours per week. This position will work within a team environment reporting to the Director of Clinical Services to provide advanced clinical expertise for patients and their family/whanau.
This is an innovative model assessing patients for referral to hospice care. It calls on advanced nursing practice to triage and coordinate interdisciplinary Assessments and Care Planning for patients referred to Waipuna Hospice with unclear specialist palliative care needs.
Waipuna Hospice is the sole provider of specialist community palliative care in the rapidly growing Western Bay of Plenty, New Zealand as well as having an established inpatient unit, we support a large community team and a number of second-hand retail stores. We provide a comprehensive orientation program, ongoing encouragement of education and training, all in a peaceful rural setting (with free parking) and a supportive team environment.
The key tasks of the position include:
- Working within a team of Clinical Nurse Specialists to triage all new palliative care patient referrals and complete needs assessment when required with a focus on patient centred care
- Leading projects and quality initiatives at an organisational, regional or national level
- Maintaining a strong relationship between WH and the BOPDHB Palliative Care Services
- Supporting Aged Residential Care facilities to deliver specialist palliative care
- Be actively involved in the development of palliative care nursing practice at Waipuna Hospice.
- Minimum of 2 years recent clinical experience in Palliative Care Nursing (at an advanced level)
- Exceptional skills at building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of people
- Have a Post Graduate Qualification in Advanced Nursing (Palliative Care)
- Have a current PDRP at Expert Level (or working towards)
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management experience
- Masters in Nursing Science or equivalent is preferred.
Waipuna Hospice Mission, Vision and Values
Our Vision: To provide high quality end of life care for all
Mission: To provide the best possible specialist hospice palliative care, enhancing the quality of life for those facing end of life and bereavement.
Compassion: Supporting one-another – patients, families, whanau, friends and staff, volunteers and colleagues
Advocacy: Ensuring equity of access to services for all our communities
Respect: Upholding autonomy of each person and their community, accepting one another’s cultures and beliefs
Quality: Committed to continuous improvement, aligned to values and core services
Our application process may include interviews, personality profiling, reference checks and pre-employment screening. If this sounds like the role and an organisation you want to be a part of then please apply via QJumpers now.
Applications close: 30 September 2018