Waipuna Hospice is the sole provider of specialist community palliative care in the rapidly growing Western Bay of Plenty and as well as having an established inpatient unit we support a large community team and a number of second-hand retail stores.
This is part time position working Thursday and Friday (maximum of 12 hours) each week with flexibility around start and finish times, plus the ability to cover for other team members leave. This position may also involve supporting our Equipment Officer to collect and deliver equipment in the community when time permits.
We are looking for an all-round general handyperson to join our small team. The position involves keeping our grounds tidy, and attending to any repairs and maintenance of our premises.
Our successful applicant will have:
- A good level of fitness
- Experience in grounds work and repairs and maintenance
- Excellent communication skills (demonstrating our value of ‘compassion’ for others)
- Personal alignment with our Values: Compassion, Advocacy, Respect, Empathy, Quality
- Work well within a team
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- A flexible approach with the ability to multitask
- A clean driver’s license.
Our Vision: To provide high quality end of life care for all
Mission: To provide the best possible specialist hospice palliative care, enhancing the quality of life for those facing end of life and bereavement.
If this sounds like the role and an organisation you want to be a part of then please apply online via QJumpers now.
Applications close on: 26 November 2018