Kiwibank announced last year that they have stopped issuing cheque books and are planning to stop processing cheques from 28 February 2020. You can read the full information on the Kiwibank website.
It’s envisioned that other banks will also follow suit and become cheque free in the coming year. We are aware that some of our wonderful supporters use cheques to make donations. We urge you to prepare for the change.
As a valued supporter we would like to support you with the changes being made. We understand for some of us, receiving a cheque book was our first banking experience, and the uncertainty that comes with a significant change like this hasn’t escaped us. Rest assured, all banks offer a range of other safe ways to pay bills, make purchases or kindly give donations. We can also guide you with alternative methods.
We’re running online banking workshops!
This is the perfect opportunity to ask any questions you may have and learn how to bank online safely and securely. We will have a bank representative visiting on:
- Tuesday, 25 February, 9.30 am until 10.30 am
- and Thursday, 27 February, 2.00 pm until 3.00 pm
The workshop will be held at Waipuna Hospice, 43 Te Puna Station Road and a light morning and afternoon tea will be provided.
Secure your seat at one of the online banking workshops by selecting your preferred workshop below.
Other ways to support Waipuna Hospice
We are happy to help anyone affected by the change with finding other ways to support the work of Waipuna Hospice. You can use your credit card for any of the options below.
- Donate on our website. This is the easiest, safest and most secure way to donate. You can set up the donation how you like, simply select how much and how often you would like to donate
- Phone Us on 07 552 4380 during office hours 8.30 – 16:30, Monday to Friday and we will be able to process your donation over the phone (just have your credit card handy). We can do all the leg-work for you, plus you’re be dealing with a real person on the other end.
- Visit our lovely reception ladies, at Waipuna Hospice – 43 Te Puna Station Road, during office hours 8.30 – 16:30, Monday to Friday and they will process the donation for you. If you don’t have a credit card, you can also use your debit card when you visit us. We’re always happy to see you! This way you’ll definitely rest assured your donation will be in the right hands.
- Online Banking, Waipuna Hospice Inc is already loaded as a payee through online banking. If you are set up for internet banking, all you need to do is write our name in the payee box and our account details will appear. You will be asked to include your donor number which is on all correspondence you receive from us.Can’t remember what your donor number is? Don’t worry just phone 07 552 4380 and ask to speak to Jacqui.
Remember to set Waipuna Hospice up as a Regular Payee.
Do you make regular donations? You can set-up regular payments as well.
You can donate when and how you want. You’ll also be provided with a real-time balance, so you can see how much has been transferred. And of course interaction is with a trusted source.
- Visit or phone your bank, they can put the donation through for you. If you don’t have a credit card your bank will be able to verify your details with you.
If you need our account number, keep it handy – it’s:
Waipuna Hospice Inc
03 0435 0469107 02
Please note if you still wish to donate by cheque you will be able to until they are no longer accepted.
Thank you for your continued support of Waipuna Hospice. If you have any concerns or questions, please call us on 07 552 4380 or email email@example.com
We can’t thank you enough for your support
Every dollar counts and your donation goes a long way in providing care and support for people in our community facing a life-limiting illness.
Thank you for caring.