For Waipuna Hospice, the protection of our patients, their families, our volunteers, staff and the wider community is paramount.
For the foreseeable future, we will be taking a precautionary approach to work and engagement with our community as the Government’s COVID-19 Protection Framework and associated requirements are implemented.
This means that we will be asking people to adhere to the following requests when required.
- Call us on 07 552 4380 prior to any visit, and adhere to any changes in visiting times and visitors numbers
- Sign in using our displayed COVID-19 Tracing App QR codes or the supplied paper tracing forms
- Masks – As per MOH direction, medical masks will be provided by Waipuna and must be worn.
- Sanitise and wash hands regularly
- Answer any screening questions our staff ask, such as ‘Do you have flu-like symptoms, fever, or acute respiratory illness? Have you been in a location of interest?
- Provide proof of vaccination status if requested
- Maintain a physical distance of 1.5m from staff, and any other people on site
With the situation constantly evolving, this page is a reference point to keep all of our supporters and families up to date. We will continue to review our policy to ensure it remains relevant and aligned to new developments. We appreciate your understanding and continued support.
For more information on the steps we are taking to keep our community safe, please see below.