At Waipuna Hospice, we believe in a world where people don’t have to face death alone, afraid, and in pain, and those left behind aren’t left grieving without support. Join our incredible community of GEMS givers and commit to caring, because life is special.
If you are printing the signup form, please fill it in and return it to us via post (details below) or email us a copy at email@example.com.
PO Box 16299
Why Your Givers Are So Important
Every month you could be supporting people facing their end-of-life journey, helping ensure our nurses and family support team are there to care for them when they need us the most.
We constantly have to adapt the way we care for our patients and families, and regular donations help us achieve that. Your monthly donation could help more people, ensuring they aren’t alone at the end of their life.
By becoming a regular donor you will help ensure that our patients don’t die alone. Patients like Emma’s mother Rona.
Emma Frame’s mother Robina Simpson – known as ‘Rona’- was diagnosed with cancer and given 12 months to live. However, life, or death, had other plans, and she passed away only three months later at just 58.
Not expecting such a quick regression, Emma and her husband Tim had booked a European holiday… “and Mum was adamant that we still go.”
“A few days prior to us leaving, Mum was discharged from the hospital and she looked amazing. She was glowing and looked the best I had seen her for months.”
“She dropped us off at the Airport and said ‘goodbye’, then 24 hours later she died. We weren’t there,” reflects Emma, who was 25 at the time.
It wasn’t until a year later that Emma discovered her Mum didn’t die alone. A Waipuna Hospice nurse was with her when she died.
“I felt so at peace knowing that she wasn’t alone when she died and that Waipuna Hospice was there. If I couldn’t be, then I couldn’t think of anyone better to have been with her in her last moments than a hospice nurse.”
Care like this isn’t possible without support from people like you, which is why regular givers are so important. Sign up to become a regular donor, and help ensure we are there to care for people like Rona in the future.
Not sure how much to donate? Below are some possible donation amounts that could have a huge impact on our care. $30 per month is as little as $1 a day and could mean the world to someone facing death and dying. However, the donation amount is up to you. Big or small, it all helps.
$30 per month.
$50 per month.
$100 per month.
$250 per month.
HOW IT WORKS
Once you have signed up and selected your donation amount and frequency, donations will be automatically deducted from your nominated bank account or credit card.
We will notify you to confirm when your first gift has been processed. We will then issue your annual tax-deductible receipt just after the tax year ends, with a record of all your donations.
Your donations will go to work straight away, helping care for the terminally ill and bereaved in your community. We’ll provide you with regular updates on the impact of your generosity.
Why regular givers are so important:
- Having regular donations from our generous regular givers helps Waipuna Hospice plan for the future, ensuring that we are here to help people in our community when they need us the most.
- Regular donations reduce administration work attached to our income, making them more efficient donations.
- Your regular donation will go straight towards supporting those facing their final journey. It will also help ensure we are there to care for the families, whānau and friends that are left behind.
- It also means you will remain close to the work we do and your unique impact. Our regular givers receive more targeted communications and therefore have a clearer idea of our long-term work and strategy and the invaluable part you play.
- It’s easy! Once you have signed up you don’t have to do anything else. Your regular donations do all the work for you, directly supporting the work of Waipuna Hospice.
As a Waipuna Hospice GEM, you will hear first-hand from us about the impact your donation is having right here in your local community.
THE LIVES YOU’RE IMPACTING AS GIVERS
Below are some stories from people whose lives have been directly impacted by Waipuna Hospice. This is only possible thanks to the generosity of people like our GEMS.
When you become a GEM, you’re helping people just like Emma, Nicki, and Hayden.
Click on their picture to read their story.