Understanding and accepting living with a life-limiting or terminal illness can be a stressful and distressing time not just for the patient, but for the people they hold near and dear. Our professional and compassionate team can assist you and your family/whanau to cope with the changes and the social, emotional and spiritual demands that illness brings.
- Recognise that everyone is different
- Listen to your story
- Identify things of concern to you
- Assist you to come up with solutions that are right for you
- Identify things you may want support with
- Help you make informed decisions
- Provide emotional support
- Provide practical support
- Provide links to other agencies
Our family support team is made up of people with experience and qualifications in social work, chaplaincy, bereavement support, cultural support, play therapy and counselling and can provide practical and emotional support to assist you to find ways to strengthen your spirit and your ability to cope.