Fixed term for 1 year (0.8 FTE)
Are you a Registered Nurse currently working within New Zealand who would love the opportunity to gain experience and knowledge working in palliative care?
We have an opportunity for a registered nurse with 3 years post graduate experience to receive extensive training and coaching in both our Inpatient Unit and Community teams to develop skills and experience working in Palliative Care. This role will commence in February 2019 for 12 months with the successful applicant having the opportunity to apply for a permanent position at the end of the tenure.
This role is 32 hours per week.
Ideal Applicants will have:
- A strong interest in Palliative care
- Be committed to interdisciplinary teamwork
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Empathy, compassion and a non-judgemental approach
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, non-verbal)
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Good level of computer skills and experience in using patient management systemsWe are fully committed to providing ongoing professional development opportunities for all staff and offer excellent working conditions and competitive remuneration.
Waipuna Hospice Mission, Vision and Values
Our Vision: To provide high quality end of life care for all
Mission: To provide the best possible specialist hospice palliative care, enhancing the quality of life for those facing end of life and bereavement.
Compassion: Supporting one-another – patients, families, whanau, friends and staff, volunteers and colleagues
Advocacy: Ensuring equity of access to services for all our communities
Respect: Upholding autonomy of each person and their community, accepting one another’s cultures and beliefs
Empathy: Acknowledging uniqueness, supporting with dignity, respect and compassion
Quality: Committed to continuous improvement, aligned to values and core services
Our application process may include interviews, psychometric assessments, reference checks and pre-employment screening. If this sounds like the role and an organisation you want to be a part of then please apply via QJumpers now.
Applications close: Friday 16 November 2018