Registered Nurse Inpatient Unit
Permanent Position 0.8 FTE
Waipuna Hospice is the sole provider of specialist palliative care in the rapidly growing Western Bay of Plenty and as well as having an established inpatient unit we support a large community team.
We invite applications from experienced Registered Nurses to join our Inpatient Unit team caring for and supporting patients and family/whanau in an interdisciplinary team environment. The Inpatient Unit operates 24/7 and this role involves working across 3 rostered shifts (including nights & weekends).
- Ideal Applicants will have: A minimum of 3 years post graduate, with a background in either palliative care, oncology or medical nursing experience
- PDRP completed at proficient level or a commitment to complete this within 1 year
- Post graduate study completed or a willingness to undertake this within 2 years
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Empathy, compassion and a non-judgmental approach
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, non-verbal)
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experienced working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Good level of computer skills and experience in using patient management systems
Waipuna Hospice Mission, Vision and Values
Our Vision: To provide high quality end of life care for all
Mission: To provide the best possible specialist hospice palliative care, enhancing the quality of life for those facing end of life and bereavement.
Compassion: Supporting one-another – patients, families, whanau, friends and staff, volunteers and colleagues
Advocacy: Ensuring equity of access to services for all our communities
Respect: Upholding autonomy of each person and their community, accepting one another’s cultures and beliefs
Quality: Committed to continuous improvement, aligned to values and core services
Our application process may include interviews, psychometric assessments, reference checks and pre-employment screening. If this sounds like the role and an organisation you want to be a part of then please apply online now at Qjumpers
Applications close: Friday 31 January 2018