Westpac And BNZ Are Going Cheque-free
An important update about using cheques in 2021
With more customers choosing to bank digitally, there has been a decline in the use of cheques. As a result, Westpac and BNZ have made the decision to discontinue the use of cheques as a method of payment. These changes will come into effect on the 25th June 2021 for Westpac, and in July 2021 for BNZ. This means that soon you will no longer be able to donate to Waipuna Hospice via cheque. We understand this could be disruptive for you and are happy to help anyone affected by the change. Here are a few alternative options.
- Donate on our website using your credit card. This is the easiest, safest, and most secure way to donate. You can set up the donation how you like, simply select how much and how often you would like to donate. Donations can be set up to occur weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or annually.
- Phone us on 07 552 4380 and we will be able to process your donation for you using a credit card.
- Visit our lovely reception at Waipuna Hospice, 43 Te Puna Station Road, and we will process the donation for you. If you don’t have a credit card, you can use your debit card when you visit us.
- Online Banking. Waipuna Hospice Inc is already loaded as a payee through online banking. If you are set up for internet banking, all you need to do is write our name in the payee box and our account details will appear. Can’t find our account details? They are – Waipuna Hospice Inc 03 0435 0469107 02
- Visit or phone your bank, they can put the donation through for you.
Westpac and BNZ aren’t the first banks to phase out cheques, with Kiwibank having already discontinued cheques back in February 2020. If you have any questions, please talk to your bank directly, or call us on 07 552 4380, ext. 210.