An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety Administrator to join our team for 16+ hours per week. This position will work closely with our Director of HR & Operations to provide a wide range of functions for the Waipuna Hospice Health and Safety Programme.
Waipuna Hospice is the sole provider of specialist community palliative care in the rapidly growing Western Bay of Plenty and as well as having an established inpatient unit we support a large community team and a number of second-hand retail stores.
The key tasks for this position include:
- Coordinating day to day functions of the Waipuna Hospice Health and Safety Programme
- Promoting a sound safety culture to all parts of the Waipuna hospice
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
- Creating and maintaining Health and Safety documentation
- Collating and distributing Health and Safety reports and information
- Monitoring Health and Safety system (Risk Manager)
- Investigating incidents and analyse these for trends & patterns
- Ensuring corrective actions are documented, implemented and reviewed
- Ensuring that policies are maintained and implemented correctly
- Supporting the Health & Safety Coordinator
The hours are a minimum of 16 hours across 3 days with the flexibility around shifts, and the ability to work additional hours based on the needs of the business, and to provide cover for the Health & Safety Coordinator.
As the Health & Safety Administrator you will have experience in:
- Contract management
- Risk assessments
- Audits (Including site audits)
- Using an electronic Health & Safety System
- Working in a Health setting
You will also have a qualification in Health and Safety, or are working towards a Health and Safety qualification.
You will have a great sense of humour, be empathetic and be exceptional at building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of people. You will be self-motivated, have excellent organisational and time management skills with an ability to work with a variety of people. Ideally you will have had experience working or managing Health and Safety.
A current drivers licence essential.
Waipuna Hospice Mission, Vision and Values
Our Vision: To provide high quality end of life care for all
Mission: To provide the best possible specialist hospice palliative care, enhancing the quality of life for those facing end of life and bereavement.
Compassion: Supporting one-another – patients, families, whanau, friends and staff, volunteers and colleagues
Advocacy: Ensuring equity of access to services for all our communities
Respect: Upholding autonomy of each person and their community, accepting one another’s cultures and beliefs
Empathy: Acknowledging uniqueness, supporting with dignity, respect and compassion.
Quality: Committed to continuous improvement, aligned to values and core services
Our application process may include interviews, psychometric assessments, reference checks and pre-employment screening. If this sounds like the role and an organisation you want to be a part of then please apply via QJumpers now!
Applications close 3rd October 2018