Registered Nurse Inpatient Unit
Permanent Position 0.8 FTE (64 hours a fortnight)
Waipuna Hospice provides specialist palliative care in a rapidly growing Western Bay of Plenty and as well as having an established inpatient unit we support a large community team.
We invite applications from experienced Registered Nurses to join our Inpatient Unit team caring for and supporting patients and family/whanau in an interdisciplinary team environment. The Inpatient Unit operates 24/7 and this role involves working across 3 rostered shifts (including nights & weekends).
- Ideal Applicants will have: A minimum of 3 years post graduate, with a background in either palliative care, oncology or medical nursing experience
- PDRP completed at proficient level or a commitment to complete this within 1 year
- Post graduate study completed or a willingness to undertake this within 2 years
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Empathy, compassion and a non-judgmental approach
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, non-verbal)
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experienced working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Good level of computer skills and experience in using patient management systems
- You will be motivated to work in a continuous learning environment with a passion for palliative care and therefore open to expanding your skills to work across all nursing areas at Waipuna Hospice
Waipuna Hospice Mission, Vision and Values
Our Vision: To provide high quality end of life care for all
Mission: To provide the best possible specialist hospice palliative care, enhancing the quality of life for those facing end of life and bereavement.
Compassion: Supporting one-another – patients, families, whanau, friends and staff, volunteers and colleagues
Advocacy: Ensuring equity of access to services for all our communities
Respect: Upholding autonomy of each person and their community, accepting one another’s cultures and beliefs
Empathy: Acknowledging uniqueness, supporting with dignity, respect and compassion
Quality: Committed to continuous improvement, aligned to values and core services
Our application process may include interviews, psychometric assessments, reference checks and pre-employment screening. If this sounds like the role and an organisation you want to be a part of then please apply online now at Qjumpers
Applications close: Friday 14 June